“Building a brand has unlimited value. It may not appear on a balance sheet, but it has a name that everyone wants”
Gordon Ramsay from his book “Playing with Fire”
Government Package to help small businesses grow Read more...
European Order Payment Procedure Read more...
General Guidelines For Online Suppliers Of Goods/Services Read more...
Cookies will require Consent from April 2011. Read more...
Independent Review of Intellectual Property Laws Read more...
Article: licensing the manufacture of goods overseas
Elizabeth Ward from Virtuoso Legal has been helping UK Trade and Investment put together a brochure on how to get involved in licensing the manufacture of goods overseas. For many innovative clients, the cost of physically shipping goods can make exporting unattractive. However using a licensing regime goods and services can be made and delivered overseas with minimal
cost to the UK originator. Many clients are familiar with licensing software for example but similar principles can be used to provide goods in different parts of the World simply by providing overseas partners with the know how and brand to deliver the goods and services - subject of course to a royalty payment.
Whilst many exporters are aware of the idea of distributors and agents selling their goods and services, the use of licensing is less understood. However, licensing can often be a far more worthwhile option and is far less risky than joint ventures or similar "tying" busines arrangements.
If you could like a copy of the brochure and further details of its launch date and associated training, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a team of specialists in intellectual property and information technology law.
Recent IP, copyright patent and infringement assistance to businesses includes:
- Defending their use of a trading name where other companies have infringed trade marks and passed themselves off as our client.
- Pursueing former employees who have taken confidential information, such as client details and pricing databases.
- Improving technology companies sales and profits by helping them put together international licensing, reseller and distribution contracts.
- Assisting companies with new telephony technology to protect it and take it to market.
- Reviewing healthcare and food companies intellectual property portfolios and contracts to help them get funding.
- Setting up and improving profit by online contract terms and commissioning arrangements.
What others say about us:
Legal 500 2009.
“Virtuoso Legal - excellent on all counts”
Chambers and Partners 2010
Elizabeth Ward of Virtuoso Legal Intellectual Property Lawyers a “Leader in her Field”
Millnet Northern Limited.
“Virtuoso Legal - superb proactive commercial legal advice. Twice the service but half the cost”
“I’ve had to engage a few lawyers in my time, but I’ve never dropped lucky like this!”
Amanda Brown of Planning and Development Solutions
“Virtuoso Legal - the smiling assassins!”